Charleston The state capital and one of the oldest cities in America, Charleston is full of history, charm, and Southern hospitality. Stroll down Rainbow Row, visit Fort Sumter where the Civil War began, or take a carriage ride through the city.
Charleston, South Carolina
Charleston is the state capital of South Carolina and one of the oldest cities in America. With its rich history, charming architecture, and Southern hospitality, it’s a must-visit destination for anyone visiting the South.
The city is home to many historical sites, including Fort Sumter where the Civil War began, and Rainbow Row, a charming collection of antebellum homes. If you’re looking for more active pursuits, Charleston is also home to several golf courses and hiking trails.
No matter what you’re interested in, Charleston has something for you. Whether you’re a history buff or just looking for some scenic beauty, Charleston is definitely worth a visit!
Things to Do in Charleston
One of the oldest cities in America, Charleston is full of history, charm, and Southern hospitality. Here are some things to do when visiting Charleston:
- Take a walk down Rainbow Row – this historic district is full of beautiful homes and antique stores.
- Visit Fort Sumter – where the Civil War began.
- Drive or take a carriage ride through the city. Charleston is home to many beautiful gardens and parks, perfect for a leisurely stroll.
Where to stay in Charleston
If you’re looking for a place to stay in Charleston that won’t break the bank, there are several affordable hotel options available. For budget-conscious travelers, the Hampton Inn & Suites Charleston Downtown/Historic District and the Holiday Inn Express Charleston Historic District are both excellent choices. If you’re looking for something a bit more upscale, Belmond Charleston Place is a great option. No matter what your budget, there’s sure to be a Charleston hotel that’s perfect for you.
When it comes to finding the perfect Charleston hotel, it’s important to consider your budget and your travel needs. The Iris Charleston is a beautiful boutique hotel located in the heart of the historic district. This hotel offers stunning accommodations and top-notch service, making it the perfect choice for travelers who want to enjoy the best of Charleston. The Francis Marion Hotel is another excellent choice for those looking for a luxurious experience. This elegant property offers an on-site spa, waterfront dining, and easy access to all of the best attractions in Charleston. The Ryder Hotel Charleston is a great option for travelers who want to be close to the action. This hotel is located in the center of downtown, just steps from all of the best shops, restaurants, and bars.
No matter what your budget or travel needs, there’s sure to be a Charleston hotel that’s perfect for you. So, start planning your trip today and get ready to enjoy all that this historic city has to offer.
Transportation in and around Charleston
Charleston is a city with a lot of history, and it can be hard to get around if you’re not familiar with the layout. The majority of transportation in and around Charleston happens by horse and buggy, so be prepared for that! There are also buses, bikes, and walking options available, but make sure to check the schedules first to avoid crowds. If you’re looking for something to do during your stay in Charleston, there are plenty of options available. Take a walk along the historic Rainbow Row or visit Fort Sumter where the Civil War began. If you’re looking for something more adrenaline-pumping, why not try parasailing or kayaking? There are also plenty of other things to do in and around Charleston, so be sure to check the website or explore on your own!
Food in Charleston
Charleston is known for its outstanding food, and there are plenty of places to get a delicious meal. From soul food to sushi, there’s something for everyone in the city. Here are some of our favorites:
1) The Husk- This unassuming restaurant has been serving up Charlestonian cuisine since 2002. The menu features inventive small plates and an impressive wine list. It’s perfect for a casual night out with friends or a special occasion.
2) Joe’s Crab Shack- If you’re looking for fresh seafood, Joe’s Crab Shack is the place to go. They have an extensive menu with everything from crab legs to calamari. The restaurant is always crowded so reservations are recommended.
3) Cilantro- This Indian restaurant is a favorite of locals and tourists alike. They serve up delicious dosas, samosas, and tandoori chicken dishes at moderate prices. It’s a great place to relax after shopping at the market or touring downtown Charleston.
4) Blackfinn BBQ- If you’re in the mood for smoked meats, Blackfinn is the place for you. They have an extensive menu with everything from beef to pork ribs to bacon-wrapped dates.
After reading this Charleston travel guide, you will undoubtedly have a better understanding of what to see and do when visiting this historic city. From the top attractions to the best places to eat and drink, we have covered it all in this helpful guide. Be sure to bookmark this page so that you can easily refer back to it while planning your trip!